Festival Director - Canberra Writers Festival
The Canberra Writers Festival invites applications for the role of Festival Director. Reporting to the Board, the Festival Director will execute the Festival's vision and implement the Festival in August 2018. The successful candidate would be employed on a three-year contract, based on an agreed annual fee.
About the Role
The Festival has enjoyed great success in its first two years, and seeks a confident manager with initiative, business acumen and executive skill to lead the further development of this exciting event. You will provide direction and leadership toward the achievement of the Festival's philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives for the 2018 Festival and beyond.
Reporting to the Board, major functions and accountabilities include:
- Recommend an annual budget for Board approval; manage and report on the Festival's resources and maintain financial records
- Oversee the management, operations, logistics and delivery of the three day Festival, including site management, production, artist liaison, ticketing, suppliers and stakeholders
- Manage all resources for the Festival, including volunteers, staff, partners and supporters
- Develop and execute a marketing communications strategy that delivers on the key objectives to build the Festival's brand, increase audience participation, and maximise sponsorship and partnership opportunities
- Grow sponsorship and fundraising income through corporate partnerships, individual giving and grants
- Co-ordinate and support all operations and administration of the Board and its committees
- Manage all business, commercial and legal affairs for the Festival including procedures, policies and contracts to ensure efficient and compliant business operations.
The position is based in Canberra and a remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate which reflects their level of skill and experience.
The successful applicant will be invited to enter into a three-year contract commencing in December 2017. Working hours are flexible, with work load increasing in the months leading up to the Festival (scheduled for the last weekend of August 2018).
How to Apply
Applications should include (in one document):
- A CV of your work experience
- A brief cover letter (1 page) outlining what you believe you will bring to this position
- A response to the Selection Criteria (2-3 pages), taking into account experience, past roles and expertise.
A copy of the detailed Position Description and Selection Criteria can be found here
. Alternatively contact Giselle.Radulovic@canberraconvention.com.au
The closing date for applications is Friday 10 November 2017.