Samantha is a Torres Strait Islander and Aboriginal woman from the Wuthuthi and Yadhaigana peoples, Cape York Peninsula and Badu and Moa Islands, Torres Strait.
She is the author of Life Blong Ali Drummond: A Life in the Torres Strait, published in 2007 by Aboriginal Studies Press and Pamle: Torres Strait Islanders in Canberra. She is published:
- Locally - By Close of Business, Too Deadly
- Nationally - Etchings Indigenous: Treaty, and
- Internationally - Ora Nui – A Collection of Maori and Aboriginal Literature and Narrative Witness: Indigenous Peoples, Australia - United States.
She has worked in the Australian Public Service for over 20 years in a variety of agencies and non-government organisations.
Samantha has represented women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander interests on local, state and national boards and holds the following positions:
- Director – First Nations Australia Writers Network
- Chairperson – ACT Torres Strait Islanders Corporation
- Chairperson – Us Mob Writing Group